We regularly clean, seal cracks in our walls, and set traps, but it sometimes seems like no matter what we do, pests can still find their ways into our homes. If the conventional preventive measures are not doing the trick, it might be the best time to try something new.
Essential oils can be a natural and safe method to get rid of pests that can be a great alternative to pesticides. Essential oils are obtained through different processes, extracted from the plants, and they contain the aspects of their essence like the chemical properties and the scent. As the essential oils have been popularized by aromatherapy, many people are not aware that there are many other uses of essential oils, including pest control.
Essential Oil Bug Repellents
Insect repellents can prevent the pests from driving people crazy from lazy summer evenings or long hikes. These can also serve a much important function and ward off some of the insect-borne severe diseases, which include the West Nile virus and Lyme disease.
The significant issues that we may see in these commercial insect repellents are the toxic chemicals that may be presenting certain health risks, especially when these chemicals build up in the tissues over time. The essential oil bug repellents can be the answer, and most of these can work by releasing the vapors that can confuse the pest’s ability in detecting their host. It is quite crucial to keep in mind that not all essential oils for the insect repellents are created equal, which means that different essential oil bug repellents can deter various bugs.
How Can We Deter Bugs With Essential Oils?
A number of commercial repellents may contain various essential oils, either for fragrance or as repellents, which include lemongrass, peppermint, pine oil, geraniol, and thyme oil, and cedar oil, etc. The following are a few ways to use essential oils for insect repellents.
- It is vital to educate yourself about each essential oil and its effects before using it as a pesticide. As the essential oils are highly concentrated, therefore, you should use them with caution. Some of the oils might be used undiluted, but most of them are diluted in the base oil. If misused, some essential oils can be toxic, while many might be unsafe when ingested. Some of these essential oils are also phototoxic.
- You have to keep the essential oils away from your children and pets. The essential oil bug repellents should not be applied to young children. Some of these oils should not be used for children under three years, whereas the majorities are not safe for infants under two months.
- The cockroaches are scavengers and keep looking for food until they find it. You can use Eucalyptus and tea tree essential oils to repel them. Ants are known to be among the most common pests around, and these can be repelled by using peppermint, spearmint, and lemon essential oils.
- Flies can thrive in filth and can be repelled using essential oils made of peppermint, rosemary, basil, and eucalyptus. Mosquitos are not far behind when spring is around the corner; therefore, citronella, peppermint, tea tree, and lemongrass essential oils can be great to repel them.
- Fleas can be enemies of your furry friends at home, and there are certain types of venomous spiders that you would want to keep away from your home. Essential oils from peppermint, spearmint, lemongrass, and lavender can keep the fleas and spiders away from your home.
There are different essential oil types that one can use and diffuse for insects. Some of these oils can work better against certain insects as compared to others. It is better to be cautious when using the essential oils and never apply them topically to your skin unless these are first diluted with a carrier oil.
Why use Pathfinder Pest Control For your Exterminator needs ? We offer Discounts for property manager also our service area include Broken Arrow, Tulsa , Jenks , Bixby , Owasso, Sands Springs , Sapulpa ,Coweta.Great customer service and Satisfaction guarantee. Don’t throw your furniture away call us or visit our site today. 918-892-5254 pathfinderpestcontrol.com